Adding a room is like adding a new page in WordPress. Rooms are organized under WP Dash / Rooms / Add New.
Adding a new Room
The Elementor Page Builder is automatically enabled for Rooms. To add a new Room:
- Go to WP Dash / Rooms / and click 'Add New'
- Give the Room a title and click 'Edit with Elementor'
- Add the widget you wish using the Page Builder. (See related articles at the bottom of this page).
- Save changes.
Room Grid Format
There are 3 styles of Room:
- Standard - Room grid has a featured image and clicks through to the Room Page
- Link - Room Grid has a featured image and you provide a custom link.
- Image - Room Grid open in a lightbox and can have an Alternative Image to use for the Grid.
The Room Grid Format meta box can be found on the Room Edit screen on the right side under the Publish Meta Box and button.
Editing Room Grid Options
The Room page has unique options specifically for the Room Grid. These need to be filled in on the Room Edit screen.
- From the WP Dash / Rooms menu, click 'Edit Room' on the room you wish to edit.
- If you are still in Elmentor Edit Mode, click X in the bottom right corner and choose 'Go To Dashboard' from the pop up.
- Once on the Room Edit screen scroll down to the 'Room Grid Options' meta box. You can edit:
- Highlight - Text that shows up at the very top of the grid square.
- Title - Main title
- Intro - Smaller text displayed under the Title
- Button Text
- Alternative Grid Image - if you are using the lightbox option.