Booking - Set max capacity
This example uses an accommodation that requires these booking rules:
- max capacity of 6
- can be any combination of adults and children
- children over 11 are charged as an adult.
- children 11 and under are free.
- room price is set on 2 adult occupancy
Here's what I would do:
- Set your capacity to 6 inside the Accommodation Type (Accommodation / Accommodation Type / Edit / Capacity / Adults = 6
- Create a base price for your accommodation. Let's say $100 per night based on 2 person occupancy. (Accommodation / Rates)
- Add a new service for extra guests over age 11and set the max to 4 per accommodation. (Accommodation / Services)
- Combine adults and children as guests on checkout. (Accommodation / Settings / General / Guest Management / "Disable children option for my website (hide children field and use Guests label instead)"
- Optional: Use the custom filter text below if you wish to add helpful text for the visitor.
Optional custom text on checkout:
Here is a screenshotof what the custom text could look like on checkout page. This would print out just before the services / add ons list. This specific example has even more rules but you can adjust to your needs.
Here is the custom code in a public GIST. You will need to add this to your child theme functions.php file.